Friday, August 29, 2008

Sacrifice and Satisfaction

I love long weekends! I love having time to just be with my family and enjoy the time as it passes. Too often I feel like life is just zipping by, and I wonder if I am middle-aged or past that even at 25. Being with my family makes me feel normal, reminds me I am normal. My Gramps and Nana, and my Dad and Tish are all coming down this weekend. We are also going to visit my Nani and Daz. Sunday we're heading back to Raging Waters, my parents and Paul's family are all going too! So I get to see all of my favorite people in one weekend!

Family is what it is all about to me. I learned at a young age from my Nani and Daz that family means love with no restrictions. It means sitting around the table having a good meal, hugging every day and kisses every night. It means telling the people around you how much you love them, and having tickle fights as often as possible. Now I have built my own little family unit and I can only hope to instill the same values in them as my own family did in me. Recently in a talk with some single girlfriends one made the comment that she wouldn't want to have to put everyone's needs above her own. I feel that I am a part of a bigger whole now, and while that may mean sacrifice to her, to me it means satisfaction.






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails