Friday, August 8, 2008

So You Think You Can... Run?

Today I am procrastinating on getting to the gym! It sounds so enticing to lie around watching “So You Think You Can Dance” with a nice glass of wine. Whenever I am having a hard time getting motivated I just visit my Active.com donation page and read through all of the inspirational comments people have left me over the last few months. Some of the comments say what I am doing is amazing, but I in turn find the comments inspiring, and see strength in every person who supports me. I can’t just take a day off, because I have given my word in exchange for peoples’ donations, and I take that very seriously. So everyday I commit to training I have to put my all in it, not just for myself, but for everyone rallying behind me! On that note, I am off to Bally’s. Today I am running 5 miles on the treadmill at an easy pace, then doing strength training, and finishing with deep stretching. What are you up to today? You, yes, you! You do know it is not too late to run with me? You can go here and click to join my team at the top! You can do anything from walking a 5k to running a marathon! You can choose to raise funds for NF2 or just walk/run for moral support! The Long Beach marathon is on October 12, and I would love to see all of you at the finish line!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dont think I could raise enough money on my own, that is why I am helping you raise money! LOL

But I could run with you for moral support!! I am NOT a runner, but for you girl I would totally be there for you!! We will have to get together so I can see how fast you run and see if I can get in shape for it by then! LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails