Tuesday, August 12, 2014

absorbed

Life marches forward for most as
I perch and observe,
Forever out of bounds
Always the passing stranger
With the inquisitive eyes and
You turn away.
My light shines bright
Like a moth you flutter ever closer
You bask in my glow and
Bathe in my electricity.
As light breaks
You hold up a mirror and dare to call my reflection your conquest
I am the mirror,
I absorb and guide the light, making your lies more palatable.
Where will you look and
What will you pretend
When I lay shattered and
My light is free for all
To see streaking away
Far far away
To a place with answers
To a place you cannot come without a soul
Where will you warm your hands,
When my heat exists in a realm
You cannot fathom,
Free from The never ending flow of ignorance
And here, you cannot follow me
You must find your own way, in
Another lifetime or so.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails