Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year (from yet another Mommy blogger)

Happy New Year to any of my readers who are still left after such a long break! My last post left me feeling creatively exhausted. I took some of my most intimate feelings and just let them explode out of me. It was cathartic and terrifying at the same time. My feelings have shifted over the last few months and I have had a harder time pointing out the silver lining in every situation as I usually do. I have come to accept that the darkness is just another part of me, but never will I allow it to control my daily life. Fear is no doctrine to blindly follow, it only extends suffering that cannot be avoided in the first place. With that in mind I thought of the resolutions I set for myself at the beginning of 2010, and am happy to say I met every one!

  • I broke a 25mn 5k, at Long Beach with the NF Endurance Team
  • I broke a 2:30 1/2 marathon, by far in 2:05 while at the Las Vegas Rock N Roll Marathon
  • I wore a bikini over summer and felt proud to do so
  • I continued to avoid the consumption of animals, and decided shrimp does not count on occasion!

Now I am excited to look forward into 2011, but have a healthy dose of trepidation keeping me on my toes. While reviewing my 2010 goals what struck me most was how selfish each goal was. A resolution tends to be selfish by concept, but there is no reason that with so many goals all should be focused only on myself. With that in mind I am anxious to reach my 2011 New Years Resolutions over the coming months:

  • Break a 24mn 5k (I did this in 23:47 this morning, but want to translate that performance to an official race!)
  • Break a 2 hour 1/2 marathon (I'm looking at you Surf City!)
  • Get my body fat percentage to 15%
  • Spend more time pursuing hobbies with the kids, to be measured as at least 2 specific activities a week each or together.
  • A financial goal (specifics of which are "none of yo bidness")
  • For our Long Beach team to raise $10,000 for the Children's Tumor Foundation this year.

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails