Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Meal Planning

I am going to start sharing our weekly dinner meal plan so you guys can get an idea of what the heck we eat to keep 4 different people happy in my household. Paul eats freaking everything, but is happy as long as he is full and has meat a couple of times a week. I don't eat meat or milk products in any form, but I love the heck out of egg whites! JT is not allowed to have dairy or processed foods. Mica loves milk, but has started rejecting meat and I limit her processed foods as well. With a little planning and research I keep us all fed and satisfied for less than $100 a week on groceries! I usually make a bunch of stuff, and grab other random things from the fridge, and then put everything on the table with serving spoons buffet-style. Everyone just eats what they want. So this is what is on my table this week:

Monday: Morningstar Farms Vegan Riblets for Mommy & Mica, prepared fried chicken from Albertsons for Paul & JT, potato wedges, sauted kale & breadsticks.

Tuesday: Leftover chicken for Paul & JT, Amy's brand curried lentil soup, vegan potato salad (just use vegenaise instead of mayo, TADA,) steamed broccoli, & rolls.

Wednesday: Awesome Brown Rice, Soyrizo Fajita Mix, fried plantains, burrito fixings (whole wheat tortillas, shredded vegan cheese, salsa, guacamole, shredded lettuce,) soy & flaxseed chips

Thursday: Sloppy Janes (made with tempeh, bell pepper, onion, garlic & tomato sauce) served on sandwich thins & sauted kale.

Friday: Pizza Night! We have pizza every Friday, I order a Vegan Berkeley from Z Pizza & then a regular pizza from wherever. Sometimes I just make my own with homemade whole wheat dough, some ragu, caramelized onion, vegan cheese, jalapeno and pineapple YUM.

WEEKEND: This weekend I'll be running Surf City with some friends from the NF Endurance Team, so that's it for this week. See, that was easy!

Recipes:
Awesome Brown Rice: Saute onion & garlic, add 1 -2 cups of rice and brown, add cumin, seasoning salt & black pepper, 1/2 can diced tomato & chilis, enough green tea to just cover rice. Cover and simmer til all liquid is absorbed, about 45mn. Top with ground almonds and bake til almonds brown.
Soyrizo Fajita Mix: Saute onion & garlic, add 1 or 2 chopped bell peppers, 1 pkg of soyrizo & a can of black beans.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails