Sunday, March 15, 2009

5K in 29 minutes!

Check one goal off of my New Years resolution list! Today I ran 3.1 miles, a 5K, in 29 minutes!! Thats about a 9 1/2 mn mile held for just over 3 miles! I am so proud of myself to reach my first speed goal. I hate to pat myself on the back, but just this once, I need to. Sure as I stumbled to a halt at the spot www.MapMyRun.com told me would be 3.1 miles from my starting place, my lungs ached and my legs burned. I dry heaved for about 5 minutes, then tasted blood every time I spit. I got a bit dizzy and felt completely detached from my surroundings as I walked back home. As I spit out more nausea and held my arms over my head to get some oxygen to my side stitches, I was smiling like a lunatic... a lunatic with weakness on the entire left side of my body and bilateral deafness and balance issues who just ran 3 miles in 29 minutes! I have cause to celebrate but this is only a training run, so I need to slow my proverbial roll and stick to the schedule for one more week. Next Sunday I'll run the Pasadena 5K and plan to finish even faster!

New Training Schedule
Yoga after each session

Tuesday- Cross Train (elliptical or swimming for 45mn)and weight training
Wednesday- 5k Tempo Run
Friday- Intervals on treadmill, 4 miles w/ 8x400 @ 7.5mph and weight training
Sunday- Long Run, work up to 20 miles every Sunday!

With this schedule I know I will continue to meet every goal set!

2 comments:

sasa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
文章 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails