Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Best Tacos EVER

When I was growing up "Taco Night" was always cause for excitement. I firmly believed my parents made the best tacos in the world and was incredibly deflated when I grew up and realized the recipe consists of prepackaged envelopes and cans! It still tasted amazing, but now I knew they were not unique to only our family. I no longer eat that pound of ground up cow saturated in fat and Lawry's taco seasonings, but I have come up with a really yummy and healthy taco that I want to share with you all... because I love you that much...

Olivia's Tacos

canola oil
1/2 cup Chopped onion
heaping tablespoon minced garlic
2 chopped bell peppers (2 different colors, any combo)
1 package soyrizo
whole wheat tortillas

Simply heat oil, onion and garlic in a skillet and saute until fragrant. Add bell peppers and soyrizo, cover with lid, and cook on medium-low for about 30 minutes, stirring often. When the bell peppers are bright but soft, and the soyrizo is dark brown, it is ready! Serve up on warm whole wheat tortillas and top with:

Really Simple Guacamole
4 avocados
1 tomato
tablespoon minced garlic
juice of 2 limes
2 minced jalapeno
(optional) pour in a little of your favorite salsa!

Put all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth, add a heaping dollop to your tacos and enjoy! I generally serve this all with baked zucchini chips that have been tossed with olive oil, sea salt and McGrill Mates Montreal Seasoning and baked at 350 until crispy!

Enjoy, and if you make them come back and tell me how much you love them!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails