Saturday, September 25, 2010

Vegans Eat This, Not That!

Yes, I totally ripped that off from a super popular book. It is a very simple diet changing premise, and comes in very handy when switching a typical recipe into a healthy & delicious Vegan meal!

Milk for baking and drinking = Silk Pure Almond Milk or Almond Breeze or SO Delicious Coconut Milk
Milk in cooking = Organic Soy Milk
Butter = Earth Balance
1 Egg in baking recipe = 1/2 banana, pureed
Slice of cheese or Cream Cheese= spread of Tofutti Cream Cheese
Ground Beef or Chorizo = Soyrizo, Trader Joe's is gluten free!
Burgers = Morningstar Farms Vegan Grillers
Sausage = Morningstar Farms Sausage Patties (have a small amount of egg, booooo)
Ribs = Morningstar Farms Veggie Riblets (these are so good, I had to include them!)
Ice Cream Desserts = Rice Dreams Mint Cookie Sandwich, Tofutti Cuties, sorbet, SO Delicious yogurt or ice cream (made from coconut milk!)

Finally, a day late and a dollar short, my meal plan yesterday:
Breakfast: Bowl of Trader Joe's quick cooking steel cut oats topped with ground flaxseed, cinnamon and sliced bananas.
Snack: Protein Shake & Trail Mix
Lunch: Almond Butter & Jelly on sprouted grain bread, side of broccoli
Snack: 1 leftover birthday cupcake with sliced green apples, then Wine Tasting with crackers (don't judge me!)
Dinner: Sweet Potato and Lentil Chili with homemade vegan cornbread
Dessert: Wine

Today I am behaving because tonight is my birthday party and I need to fit into a teeny tiny dress, so instead of allowing some eggs or cheese I have instead stuck to an extra day of my strictly Vegan diet, and I feel great!

Breakfast: 2 homemade vegan oatmeal cookies
Lunch: Simple Salad with organic vinaigrette, okay, and a tiny bag of BAKED Doritos!
Snack: Trail Mix and 1 vegan cookie
Dinner: at Hugos for my birthday!
Snack: chocolate covered apples at MBar while we watch a Burlesque Show!

Why am I still sitting here? I need to bust out the sequins and red lipstick!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails