Monday, September 15, 2008

11 Miles to kick off a difficult week...

Even with my heels still all cut up, looking like I have a flesh-eating virus, I ran 11 miles yesterday! It felt really good, I was sore but in a good way after. Today I decided to walk Mica to school, it's almost 2 miles ALL uphill. It burned my thighs but the walk back home was a breeze! I am taking a well-deserved day off tomorrow. My mother-in-law is having a hysterectomy right now and I want to be available to help all that I can. She is a wonderful MIL, always supportive and loving. It is so hard not having my own Mom, but if she could have picked a MIL for me I know she would have adored Virginia. Tish too of course but that is a whole 'nother post! Why are you nervous Tish? I wont spill your business don't worry!!



Me and Virginia at Knott's Berry Farm!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi--
I'm a mom to 2 NF1 kids, and I found your page through researching Propolis...

My husband & my son are running the Philly 1/2 Marathon this weekend with the NF team...we'll be cheering them on! It's awesome to "meet" someone running for a cure on the other side of the country!

Good luck with your scans; this was scan week for one of my girls too--stable, thank God. We'll pray the same (or better!) for you!!

peace,
Kristin C.

Unknown said...

Hey Oliva,

I recently came across your blog and enjoyed reading through your archives as a fellow runner.

Over the past few months, I've been helping build http://www.ontri.com - a community-based website for marathoners and triathletes. I wanted to let you know about the site, and wondered if you would be interested in posting about it in your blog.

Keep on running,
Josiah
http://www.ontri.com

Olivia Hernandez said...

Kristin good luck with your running! Maybe we will meet one day at a finish line!

Josiah I am checking out the link now, thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails